About meI am currently a research staff member at IBM Zurich Research Lab. I received my PhD from the Penn State University. I completed my undergraduate studies at National Taiwan University and British Columbia University. My research interests are performance modeling, evaluation and optimal control of computer and communication systems using techniques in operations research and statistics. Here are selected application and systems of my interests.
- Approximate big data discovery
- Privacy, reliability, and dependability
- Cloud computing and datacenter management
- Performance evaluation and modeling
- Our paper "Model-Driven Computational Sprinting" has been accepted at Eurosys 2018.
- Our paper "AdaptiveConfig: Run-time Configuration of Cluster Schedulers for Cloud Short-running Jobs" has been accepted at ICDCS 2018.
- Our paper "SmallTail: Scaling Cores and Probabilistic Cloning Requests for Web Systems" has been accepted at ICAC 2018.
- Our paper "Heron: Taming Tail Lateness in Key Value Stores under Heterogeneous Workloads" has been accepted at SRDS 2018.
- I am currently involved in the following conference organizations and journal editorial boards:
- Editorial boards:
Associate editor at IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management,
Associate editor at IEEE Cloud Magazine,
Guest editor at ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems.
- Conference organizers:
ICDCS short paper track co-chair,
2018 Eurosys workshop co-chair,
2018 Middleware industrial track co-chair,
2018 ICPE award co-chair
- Technical program committees:
Eurosys 18, DSN 18, ICDCS 18, HotCloud 18, IC2E 18, ICAC 18